Over the past two weeks I have finally buckled down, been more strict with my eat eating, and returned to my workouts. With that being said, over that time I have gained 1.1 lbs.
I am not sure what to make of this. I am fairly disappointed, but there is a chance that I am starting to build more muscle and I may have continue to rebound from my bout with the flu. What ever the reason, I will just have to keep on keepin’ on. I am probably not going reach my goal weight in two weeks, as I hoped.
After one of my recent posts where I spouted-off on my new-found determination to increase my running, I was contacted by Chris from Runhundred.com. He has compiled a list of a list of the Top 10 workout songs for the Winter of 2012. While some of the music isn’t my usual taste, I found that the songs were a nice change of pace with fast tempos, and some of his more recent playlists contain some alt-rock and even the Beatles (thumbs up). After subscribing to his mailing list, I receive emails containing playlists on a weekly basis.
With out further ado, Chris wrote: Continue reading
larrythedood's lime flavored greek yogurt
- 2 lbs plain, 0%-fat Greek Yogurt
- 3-4 tbsp lime juice
- 2/3 cup Baking Splenda
- 1 tsp lime zest, optional
Mix and enjoy!
- 2lbs Plain, 0%-Fat, Greek Yogurt
- 2/3 Cup Baking Splenda
- 2 Tbsp Instant Espresso
Mix well and enjoy!
Over the past 8+ months I have lost over 75lbs on the Dukan Diet. Along with my success, I have had some setbacks. I decided to put together this top 10 list to help anyone who may be struggling with their diet or starting their diet. If I had an eleventh tip it would be to read the book, because there is a lot of background knowledge and usable advise in there.
10) Commit – Nothing can sabotage your diet quicker than attempting a very restrictive diet half-heartedly. Without commitment you are likely to cheat at your first real temptation. Will-power is like a mental muscle, and success will get easier each time you exercise it.
9) Set small achievable goals – Setting a goal like ‘losing 50lbs’ or ‘looking good naked’ can be an aggressive, daunting goal. The further away you feel from your goal, the more discouraged you can get. Instead, try breaking your larger goal into smaller pieces, like ‘lose 5lbs in 3 weeks’ or ‘exercise 3 times a week for 3 weeks.’ Success breeds motivation, and when you achieve your small goals don’t forget to… Continue reading
Larrythedood's Lemon Greek Yogurt
This is a nice refreshing change to typical yogurts. Continue reading
Over the past two weeks I have lost 7.7lbs for a grand total of 77.5lbs. I wish I could sit here and tell you that following my last post, I doubled my efforts, and with my new found conviction it all payed off, but that would be a lie. Continue reading