This recipe was inspired by Link. Makes 4 ramekins
- 4 eggs
- 5oz frozen spinach (1/2 package)
- 4 oz frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup water
- salt (1 tsp)
- pepper (1/4 tsp)
- butter (only to coat ramekins)
- olive oil or cooking spray
- Place water and frozen spinach in covered sauce pan, set heat to high and bring to a boil.
- While the spinach thaws place the artichokes in a colander and rinse under cold water for 1 minute.
- Preheat oven to 275F
- When the spinach is about halfway thawed, add the the artichokes to the sauce pan and re-cover.
- When the spinach is completely thawed, stir the mixture and recover for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and drain the mixture, press excess water out of the mix, set aside.
- Heat a frypan to med/high heat with a small amount of olive oil or cooking spray.
- Add shallots, saute 2 minutes
- Add garlic, saute 1-2 minutes
- Add the spinach-mix and mix, saute until excess moisture is evaporated (about 1-2 minutes)
- Place the mix into a mixing bowl, add milk & parmesan, mix thoroughly
- Adjust flavorings with salt and pepper.
- Let cool if necessary
- Add the eggs and mix thoroughly
- Pour the mix into 4 lightly buttered ramekins
- Place ramakins on a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes at 275F